Class is out, and summer is in! Let’s celebrate by making some refreshing homemade frozen treats, shall we? These two popsicle recipes contain all the sweet you need, without any of the guilt that accompanies those sugar-filled, store-bought frozen desserts. When making your grocery list to prepare these easy, wholesome freezer pops, envision the natural sweetness of coconut combining with fresh fruit into a delicious, indulgent-tasting creation. You’ll need at least one or two trusty citrus oils by your side, such as dōTERRA® Lemon, Wild Orange, or Grapefruit. These oily additions are for the purpose of fresh flavor, digestive support, and that feeling of satisfaction that helps us make consistently wise dietary choices! These two recipes call for popsicle molds, wooden sticks, and the spirit of summertime.
To make Peaches & Cream Pops, you’ll need:
- 5 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces frozen peaches
- 2 ounces cream (try subbing coconut cream if you need to omit dairy)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-2 drops citrus essential oil of choice
- First, blend together coconut milk, 1 tablespoon honey, and vanilla extract; set aside. Next, blend frozen peaches, cream, water, remaining honey, and essential oil together until smooth. Alternate filling your popsicle molds with the coconut milk mixture and the peach mixture until full. Freeze for about one hour while soaking wooden sticks. Remove molds from freezer and add sticks. Freeze for 2 additional hours before serving and enjoying.
As we salute our fruity-dessert-loving friends, it must be said: your choice of fruity flavors over chocolate leaves some of us wondering just how that is possible! But to each their own, and with both of these recipes stored in the freezer, you’l have options to offer both camps when they come to visit. Chocolate lovers, this next recipe is all about you!
To make Coconut Chocolate Chip Pops, you’ll need:
- 3 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops Lemon essential oil
- handful of chocolate chips
- Blend bananas, coconut cream, vanilla extract, and essential oil until smooth. Place a few chocolate chips into empty molds before adding a small amount of cream mixture. Sprinkle in more chocolate chips (insert happy dance for chocolate lovers). Repeat this pattern until molds are full; this will distribute the chocolate chips evenly. Freeze for 1 hour while wooden sticks are soaking. Remove from freezer, add sticks, and freeze for 2 additional hours. Finally, it’s time to serve and enjoy!
Reach for one of these sweet pops as a healthy dessert, an afternoon snack, or a fun surprise to reveal when company of all ages and stages are visiting. These cool dōTERRA treats are positively perfect for any occasion that calls for some special sweetness!